A cookie is a small text file that a server can place on the hard drive of the computer, tablet, mobile phone or, in short, on the device used to browse the Internet and that contains information about the user's visit. to the Web, your browsing preferences, the information that interests you most, language, etc.
Depending on their nature, and in general terms, cookies can be classified as:
- Session Cookies and Permanent Cookies: the former are deleted when the browser is closed, while the latter remain on the computer.
- Own Cookies and Third Party Cookies: depending on whether they belong to the owner of the website, or to a third party.
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing areas restricted access, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content through social networks, etc.
- Personalization cookies: those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics based on a series of predefined criteria in the user's terminal, such as, for example, the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites and to create browsing profiles of the users of said sites, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data. what users of the service do.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management of advertising spaces that are included on the website.
Cookies can be used to collect specific information during your visit to the Web and thus we can improve your experience on it. Cookies, among others, can be used to verify your activity on our website and thus be able to better understand what your preferences are and thus improve your relationship with the page. For example, other information we are allowed to collect is the products you purchase.
We use this information only to assess the improvements to be introduced in order to provide a better service to the Users who visit us, offer them a better browsing experience, and facilitate their interactivity with social networks such as Twitter or Facebook.
You can set your Internet browser to notify you each time a new cookie is stored on your computer so that you can decide whether to accept or reject it. You should not forget that some parts of the Website may not function properly if you reject cookies.
To allow, know, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer, you can do so by configuring the options of the browser installed on it.
For example, you can find information on how to do it in the case that you use as a browser:
Firefox from here: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/ificar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
Chrome from here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
Explorer from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9