As well as keeping you warm and contributing to your style, socks play an important role in the care of footwear, as they absorb moisture and unpleasant odours. Below we give some recommendations to take into account when choosing socks.
Buying socks: points to consider
- Materials: The commonest material is cotton, a natural fibre that is not, however, recommended for sports. Wool is also very popular for physical activity. Synthetic materials, which control the humidity of the feet more effectively, are ideal for sport.
To simplify, natural fibre is excellent if your priority is the socks' thermal properties, while synthetic fibre is especially suitable for physical activity.
- Type: There are many types, largely defined by the length of the sock. Quarter-length and crew-length are worn most often with men's shoes.
- Shoes and the clothes you plan to wear: Synthetic fibre socks go well with a sporty look, while cotton is always a perfect choice with more formal men's shoes. Lovers of elegant style often choose silk or cashmere socks to wear with tails or a dinner jacket.
Combining socks with other clothes
As always in the world of fashion, you have the last word, but the following guidelines may be helpful :
- Trousers: When combining your socks with other garments, trousers are the decisive item, not shoes. This is based on a very clear visual principle: if the trousers go well with the socks, there is an impression of continuity and the eye sees you as taller and slimmer.
- Other garments: For dark or grey suits, the best option is dark socks. If you want something a little more colourful, bottle green and burgundy can work very well. And, if you want an especially stylish touch, you can always match your socks and your tie.
You can choose from a range of very complete, practical cleaning kits with all the items you need to keep your shoes looking their best. The following options are available:
- Grain leather shoe cleaning kit: includes a medium-size wooden horsehair brush, a wooden horsehair brush, deodorant spray, moisturising cream in a glass jar, natural black polish (two 50 ml tins) and a cowhide case.
- Grain leather men's shoe cleaning kit: includes a medium-size wooden horsehair brush, a handmade wooden natural crepe brush, a natural suede and nubuck renovator, a 100 ml spray, shampoo, a natural sponge and a cowhide case.
With continued use, shoes can sometimes lose their shape. To keep them looking as new, there is nothing better than a shoe tree. Lottusse offers you high quality wooden shoe trees, so that your men's shoesorwomen's shoes does not suffer as a result of prolonged use.
As well as preventing your shoes becoming misshapen, shoe trees also protect leather against creasing and help to eliminate moisture and unpleasant odours.
If you have decided to buy shoe trees, we recommend you use them every time you take your shoes off. In this way, while you are not wearing your shoes, the shoe trees will take care of them.
geolocation_country: United States
PS_GEOLOCATION_BEHAVIOR: string(1) "1"